What if it was possible:
- To have metrics/business KPIs always available and in real-time;
- To know whether the service provided exceeds a minimum level, based on the analysis of a sample of clients;
- To understand what factors determine the evolution of sales;
- To group suppliers or customers according to their characteristics;
- To classify transactions as legitimate or fraudulent;
- To analyze at the same time all possible return on investment scenarios (NPVs) instead of just a few;
The answer to these and other questions will be given in the executive course on Business Analytics at the Catholic Porto Business School. A course that will be based on real case analysis (e.g. the financial analysis of investments at WireCo, the HVital case at Hospital de São João, analysis of sales databases, customer satisfaction surveys etc.) and on the teaching of tools and techniques helpful in undertaking a necessary business analytics process (which begins with the placement of the right questions and ends with the implementation of concrete decisions/actions).
The need to base decision-making on data analysis is increasing given the exponential growth of data available to companies (also called infobesity). Business Analytics, coupled with consistent Business Intelligence strategies, enables the creation of value and competitive advantage for organizations.
The sessions of this course are eminently applied, and the practical/real cases are the main learning tool.
At the end of the programme, students will be able to understand the advantage of data-based decision-making and will have improved their proficiency in the use of Excel, RapidMiner and PowerBI.
This programme is taught in Portuguese. For more information, click here.